Competition for students working with design, construction, architecture, innovation, sustainability and engineering - working with plastics.
The Danish Plastics Federation (Plastindustrien) invites students working on the Planetary Plastic Pavilion innovation challenges to participate in PROJECT AWARDS 2023.
Work with the Planetary Plastic Pavilion innovation challenges
A number of companies in the Planetary Plastic Pavilion project have identified 10 innovation challenges with the aim of promoting sustainable use of plastic materials in architecture, design construction.
As a part of PROJECT AWARDS 2023, we now invite students – the future generation of architects and designers – to help us solve the challenges. Not only because the coming generations will bear the brunt of a planet out of balance. But also, because there is a need for outside inspiration to rethink the role of plastics in a world that uses more natural resources than the planet provides.
DOWNLOAD: PROJECT PLASTIC 2023 flyer
About the competition
- A brief description of your project (1000 characters)
- A thorough visual presentation of your project based on good photos and/or 1 or more mockup(s)
- A summary of your project or other relevant documents that helps us understand your ideas
- The project must demonstrate the innovative use of plastic materials in answering one or more of the 10 innovation challenges identified in the project Planetary Plastic Pavilion. See below.
- The project must be realistic and operational in practice.
- The project must address how it makes a difference to the world and to whom.
- Considering the level of study, the winning projects must hold an academic standard and challenge views on the use of plastics in the areas of architecture, design, and construction.
Exhibition and award show on Gammel Strand
The best best projects will be celebrated (out of which 3 will be selected as the winners) at an event in the in the Planetary Plastic Pavilion on Gammel Strand leading up to UIA World Congress of Architects Copenhagen in the summer of 2023.
Projects will also be exhibited and can present their projects to plastics-, construction- and architecture professionals as well as visitors during the exhibition period.
Deadline: May 8, 2023. The event will be held i June 2023.