Plastic Pavilion Student Awards
We invites students working with plastics as part of projects within architecture and design to participate. Enter your project before June 1st for the chance to win the prize of DKK 20.000.
The Danish Plastics Federation (Plastindustrien) invites students working with plastics as part of projects within architecture, construction and design to participate in Plastic Pavilion Student Awards 2023.
All design and architecture projects involving plastics are welcome!
You can submit an assignment or a project you have already completed during your studies.
The project must demonstrate an innovative use of plastic materials within of architecture and/or design and be realistic and operational in practice. Winners will be selected by an independant judges panel.
Deadline: Submit your project before June 1st 2023.
About the competition
- Project description/ summary (max. 1000 characters)
- a visual presenation including photos/ mockups,
- names, contact info, university and study program
+ anything else you consider relevant
Submit the info via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Mark the email "Plastic Pavilion Student Awards".
- The project must demonstrate the innovative use of plastic materials in answering one or more of the 10 innovation challenges identified in the project Planetary Plastic Pavilion. See below.
- The project must be realistic and operational in practice.
- The project must address how it makes a difference to the world and to whom.
- Considering the level of study, the winning projects must hold an academic standard and challenge views on the use of plastics in the areas of architecture, design, and construction.
Exhibition and award show on Gammel Strand
The best best projects will be celebrated at an event in the in the Plastic Pavilion – Building Sustainable Societies on Gammel Strand leading up to UIA World Congress of Architects Copenhagen in the summer of 2023.
Plastic Pavilion will be open to the public from June 19 to July 14. The pavilion will demonstrate and showcase plastic as a part of the sustainable building industry of the future.
Projects submitted to Plastic Pavilion Student Awards will get the opportiunity to become a part of the exhibition where they will showcase their projects to plastics-, construction- and architecture professionals as well as visitors during the exhibition period. An event for students will be held in the pavilion on July 4.